Accessories
On the discussion of fashion I feel accessories need to be mentioned - the small things that have a big impact.
A woman wearing a black dress may feel her outfit is incomplete until she has a string of white pearls around her neck.
The glimmering gems aren't solely a status symbol, they work to contrast with the black to highlight and bring attention to her beautiful face.
It is often the cuff links, or handkerchief that complete a man's look.
Small things can make a big difference in the classroom, too:
Be patient
Smile
Make Time for Every Student
Offer Gratitude
Say Positive Things
...more to come
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I looked through your blog. I like what you say. I was reading the music post- I guess I was also thinking that each art/profession/craft has its essentials and aspects that create either a successful end result or the opposite- something less compelling.
ReplyDeleteYou make a very good observation. Fashion accessories are easily overlooked, but considered essential by most fashion conscious folks, I'm sure. And little things can make a huge difference....
ReplyDeleteSo true! Brief and to the point. The little things do make a difference! Each of the items you specifically noted were perfect. If you connect to kids, they respect you, will listen, and are more likely to feel compelled or become engaged. I attended the AdvancED conference this weekend where I attended a session entitled, You gotta reach em to teach am, and isn't it the truth? Its about the little things that make us better teachers.
ReplyDeleteThe accessories that we add into our teaching also make a huge difference! What a great connection. Subject matter can just be a little black dress, but when we add accessories to our lessons, they can make the whole outfit really work.
ReplyDeleteIt is really hard to come up with some specific issues in fashion and then make connections to education. You made an awesome connection.
ReplyDeleteGaoming