Spatial Experiences and Teaching
Working through our first architecture assignment I began to think about the relationship between space and experience, and whether or not this could be applied to teaching.
I argue that it can.
I believe comfort is an important element in the learning process. How can the mind process information if it is constantly in touch with the body's discomfort of the space around it.
By creating a learning environment that resembles home, students will likely become more comfortable to the idea of leaving their thoughts associated to the body and focus on learning.
And I don't think it has to be too difficult. Every student can bring a piece of home with them to keep in the classroom. These artifacts can serve as a teddy bear of sorts and give comfort to students who need it.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment